Jammy Breakfast Bars
Jammy Breakfast Bars are the perfect thing for a hectic grab-and-go morning: full of nutritious and tasty ingredients, and fun for kids to help make, too. Our friends at San Franola Granola (based in San Francisco, naturally) make tasty and healthy granola blends, full of heart-healthy fiber and packed with protein. Along with our zippy Peach Ginger jam, we've added an extra boost of chia seeds (full of Omega-3 Fatty Acids!) and energy-boosting dried dates for a Back to School breakfast bite that won't slow you down.
Jammy Breakfast Bars:
Makes enough to fill one 8" square cake pan.
1 c rolled oats
1/2 c dried dates, chopped
1/4 c chia seeds
2 Tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch kosher salt
1. Mix San Franola granola, rolled oats, dried dates, and chia seeds together in a heat-proof bowl.
2. Heat butter, Peach Ginger jam, vanilla extract, and kosher salt in a small pan over medium heat, and stir until combined.
3. Pour the warmed jam mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon or use your hands to evenly distribute.
4. In a greased baking pan lined with parchment paper, press the granola mixture evenly into the pan.
5. Bake in an oven at 350 degrees, for 20-25 minutes, checking midway through.
6. Allow pan to fully cool before turning the bars out and slicing.
7. Store cut bars, wrapped in parchment paper, either in a sealed container or in the refrigerator.