I couldn’t resist coming up with an October recipe made with Apricot Orange Jam. Orange belongs to the month that includes the holiday Halloween. An Apricot Orange has that required bright orange color. So here is a recipe for a rich, warm muffin. Perfect for the chill of fall and the holiday. The pumpkin seed on the top give the muffin a nice added crunch.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ t cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ginger, ¼ teaspoon allspice, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Bonnie’s Apricot Orange jam, ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Optional: an additional 2 tablespoons if you wish to make a glaze
Preheat oven to 375 °F and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
Mix dry Ingredients together: flour, baking powder, spices, and salt
In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, pumpkin, yogurt, melted butter, orange zest, vanilla, and Bonnie’s Apricot Orange jam.
Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just incorporated. Do not over-mix .
Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and top with pumpkin seeds.
Bake until golden brown and when tooth pick inserted comes out clean about 20-25 minutes.
Optional: Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. Bonnie’s Apricot Orange Jam in the microwave in 30 second intervals until runny and while still warm, brush the top of the muffins for a sweet and shiny glaze.