Leafy Green & Strawberry Salad
As you can imagine, I adore making jam and obsessed with trying new combinations. I like choosing the fruit, chopping, cutting, cooking, and especially tasting and re-tasting.
After all the stirring and tasting, I begin to yearn for greens. A big salad. This is one of my favorite combinations and even includes some spoonfuls of my jam.
- 6 cups salad greens - Kale, radicchio, arugula, endive, mizuna, curled endive
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper To taste
- 2 tbsp Bonnie’s Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a glass jar mix together olive oil, lemon juice, jam and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Toss briefly until leaves are evenly covered with dressing.
- Top with more strawberry slices, sprinkle the feta cheese and the toasted almonds. Enjoy.