If you've ever tried a mostarda, then you already know that the Italian condiment is the perfect mix of sweet-and-spicy. While our version doesn't use mustard oil or mustard powder (and thus isn't technically a true mostarda), the combination of Bonnie's Jams Apricot Orange Jam with a grainy Dijon mustard is reminiscent of those traditional —and tasty— flavor pairings.
3 Tbsp whole grain mustard
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for an hour prior to grilling.
2. In a small bowl mix together 4 oz (about half of one jar) of Bonnie's Apricot Orange Jam and 3 Tbsp of grainy Dijon style mustard. Set aside.
3. Clean, and dry large shrimp before threading each one onto skewers. Shrimp should have their shells and head removed but with tails on.
4. Brush each loaded skewer with olive oil or melted butter, and sear over a hot grill or under a broiler for 1 minute on each side, or until opaque and slightly browned. (Using butter will result in a darker seared color.)
5. Serve alongside our Dijon-Apricot Orange Dipping Sauce.